Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Beach Cafe: Kirkland


Kirkland is one of my favorite cities in Washington. It's peaceful, yet it has a hip and cool vibe. One of the best things about Kirkland is its restaurants. There are quite a few joints that line up on Lake Washington Boulevard - everything from cute little cafes to Tex-Mex to Indian fare. Last week, I ventured out to Kirkland to catch up with a longtime friend, and we walked over to Beach Cafe for some dinner. You just can't beat dinner with a water view. 


Beach Cafe from a distance


The menu seemed to gravitate toward seafood - salmon, cod, tilapia, mahi mahi


Angel had the grilled tilapia served over a peruvian potato and corn succotash with a charred citrus sauce. I love succotash, and this one was delish.


I had the poached mahi with pineapple coconut broth served over basil rice. It was topped with chiles, butternut squash and cucumbers and served in a banana leaf. I wish I could say that the entree was perfect, but the fish was quite over-salted and left me somewhat disappointed.

Beach Cafe is located at 1170 Carillon Point in Kirkland, WA.

No comments:

Post a Comment